Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blog Intended for the week of February 11th

Singin' in the raaaain! Everybody's singin in the rain! What a delightful movie! I, just as almost all Americans alive, was familiar with the tune though I honestly did not know where this upbeat legend came from. And this movie is most definitely that: legendary. It's no wonder why either. So many of the songs in the musical are memorable and catchy. Also the feel of the movie is extremely impressionistic. One cannot help but change emotions when watching this movie. It created an environment of laughter and joy around me just as I was watching it. I think the fact that it is a musical really attributed to this effect because singing itself can really push off an energetic mood. Also, it's always fun to see how the director and screenplay writers introduce songs and the scenes during which the songs are sang. The whole movie is full of outgoing, eccentric scenarios and images which kept me on edge for most of the movie. I enjoyed being able to have no clue what would come next in a plot that is really just a digressive love story in Hollywood. The development of "talky" films is also shown throughout the movie. Silent films are not even widely considered anymore. This day in age is so consumed with the next possible advancements that past history, although outdated, can still be quite entertaining and artistic.
I think my favorite part of the movie was how likable all the characters are. It's hard to not appreciate an individual's constant smile and glamour when it's so evident as the characters in this film can be. After hearing soooo many people talk about how great the movie is and how it's their favorite, or at least top five, I don't think I was so sure about how much I would like it. However, my skepticism was easily overridden when I realized that Singing In the Rain is absolutely one of the best movies I have seen!

No comments:

Post a Comment