Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blog Intended for the week of February 14th

Starting off working on the short film project has been the most exiting portion of the semester. This sort of hands on activity is exactly what I looked forward to joining this film class. I understand that learning the "tricks of the trade" so to speak are important but I also mainly recognize what I have fun doing and that is making funny things and group projects. I was so happy to have gotten in the Comedy group. I've always loved comedian actors and have thought of how much fun that sort of job could be. I think what most worried me about the project was group procrastination which can be much more dangerous than individual procrastination. However, I was excited for the possibilities considering all the different personality types we have. I feel like that's a great asset as far as having unique input.

A couple of initial ideas that came to mind were plots based around an individual (college student) under the influence of some sort of drug. We felt that the audience could easily relate and find the scenario pretty comedic. One of the coolest parts of the project was looking forward to being able to act, write, come up with ideas, edit, and carry out all the dealings of film making. All these years, sitting in the theater without any idea of what goes on pre-release and only being able to imagine how certain optical phenomena were created and now I have gained at least a little access to the world of film making knowledge.

I am very excited about what is to come from this film project! I think that it will only increase my interest in the subject. I know that the journey required for film making is difficult and frustrating but it will most likely provide an amazing learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment